Work that matters! For more than 60 years, May Institute has been a national leader in education, rehabilitation, and behavioral health services for children and adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and developmental disabilities, brain injury, mental illness, and other special needs
We are looking for a high-energy, dynamic recruiting professional to join our corporate Talent Acquisition team. Our Talent team is making a difference in providing quality, screened candidates to our hiring managers, working directly with managers to schedule in-person interviews and ensuring open lines of communications throughout the process. Join a team where you are able to own your area, try new tactics, work on projects that make an impact, and interact with some of the best people on the planet!
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will report directly to the Director of Talent Acquisition (me! https://www.linkedin.com/in/janeshamaly/) and be supported by a Talent Acquisition Coordinator. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will support our Eastern Massachusetts Adult Services Programs, with locations in the greater Boston Metro area, and North Shore. The position will be based in our Randolph Corporate location, but will travel, on occasion, in support of the Adult Services Programs primarily north of Boston.
The right person for this role will drive the recruiting efforts and processes within the programs, interact with hiring managers, and focus on helping to grow our Internship program as well as other hiring initiatives.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will support the recruiting and on-boarding of candidates within assigned division. The Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) will own and develop the relationship with all managers with hiring authority within the assigned area, ensuring there are open lines of communication regarding process, training, and candidate pipeline. The TAS will work to identify open shifts, will maintain intimate knowledge of shift vacancies, and will prioritize efforts based on the criticality of the need. In addition, the TAS will coordinate with Division/Center leadership on recruiting tactics. The TAS will provide on-going communication on progress of the recruiting effort to ensure full visibility across all stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meets with hiring manager to gather position requirements, specifications and to communicate role expectations (hiring manager duties, TAS duties)
• Posts positions on the May Institute internal / external job portal hosted by iCims applicant tracking system (ATS)
• Generates interest in the posted roles by sharing it internally to May Institute employees, sponsoring it on job boards according to direction from the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS), sharing it though social media resources, and posting it on external job boards.
• Conducts direct searches for qualified talent using iCims database, on-line databases and social media resources
• Pre-screens job seekers for basic qualifications and schedules qualified candidates with the Hiring Manager
• Ensures all recruiting processes and standard operating procedures are followed, participates in process improvement, uses the iCims platform for all reporting and tracking of recruitment activity.
• Communicates rejections and next steps with applicants depending on their qualifications and forward progress
• Send formal legal electronic application to applicants that pass the initial pre-screen, and ensures the applicant has returned completed application
• Act as a point of contact for job seekers, pre-screens for basic information job seekers that call, triages that caller to the correct TAS
• Coordinates, schedules and staffs events and other job fairs
• Works in conjunction with the Talent Acquisition Coordinator to ensure all reference checks, pre-employment checks and regulatory/ policy requirements and paperwork are completed and submitted to the proper person or department.
• Trains all new and existing Hiring Managers within assigned territory on recruiting processes and interviewing skills
• Interacts with new hires for first 90 days of employment to ensure the new hire is acclimating to their new role, acts as a point of contact or intermediary on new hire issues
• Performs other duties as requested by Director Talent Acquisition
• ABA knowledge a plus
• Corporate or Campus recruiting background a plus
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university (preferred), or 1+ years of direct recruiting experience in lieu of education requirement
• Able to engage with a wide diverse population of people and promote May Institute as an employer of choice
• Possess an outgoing, dynamic phone and in-person presence
• Able to assess and evaluate a job seekers level of interest and impact they will have on May Institute clients, and in the role they will work• Comfortable working within system applications, being on-line using search engines, and interacting on multiple social media outlets
• Possess a positive, "can do," service-oriented attitude, with excellent follow through on issues
• Able to effectively communicate in the English language in writing, email and over the phone to all levels within the organization
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to thrive in a changing environment – adaptable and flexible in approach