The May Center School for Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral Disorders in Brockton is currently seeking a Special Education Teacher to work in a classroom setting taking on lead responsibilities and providing services to our students.
May Center School for Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral Disorders is one of only a handful of pediatric programs in the US focusing on both education and rehabilitation of children and adolescents with brain injury or neurological disease. This nationally recognized school provides exceptional services to ages 5-22, with a broad range of neurobehavioral challenges. These include acquired or traumatic brain injury, genetic or chromosomal disorders, seizure disorders, mood disorders, and intellectual and neurodevelopmental disorders.
We provide full-day, year-round educational, behavioral, medical, and rehabilitative services, and use proven methods of treatment and teaching based on the latest clinical and applied research. School services may be combined with an on-campus or community-based residential program at one of several homes in nearby neighborhoods.
• Provide coordination and leadership of the classroom
• Design an individualized curriculum, write educational plans, collect and evaluate data, and write student progress reports
• Deliver individualized and group instruction and other educational objectives
• Implement comprehensive behavior support plans
• Train and supervise other teachers and classroom assistants
• Master’s degree (or enrollment in a Master’s program)
• Certification in severe disabilities required.
• Experience in ABA preferred
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Commitment to helping children with significant challenges learn and grow